Friday, May 15, 2020

THE BOMB

THE BOMB


Crash, bang, boom, I fall to the ground. The next thing I know I am in a hospital with other
people that were with me. There were people with broken legs, arms and even a man that was
going into surgery. I looked down and I had a broken arm. A nurse said to me that I can leave
now if I am ready.
So I went out. 


I was still wondering what had happened when I left. A lady gave me a newspaper and before
I put it in my purse I saw that at the front of it was a bomb that had exploded yesterday. When
I read on, I saw the explosion that had happened. It was at Piccadilly, where I was having
lunch yesterday. I am at Abstone Hospital. I quickly got a taxi and told the driver to go to
Piccadilly asap. 

When I got there, there were news reporters, people taking photos and people asking a lot of
questions . Then the news reporter, George Washington came over to me and said that I was
one of the people that were by the bomb and that I am the first out of 10 people to be out of the
hospital. I wanted to leave and I couldn’t see through all of the flashing cameras but I managed
to get out of the crowd. 


When I got home I had a look on the news. They were only talking about the explosion. It said
that it was a big deal, “THAT IS IT! I AM SO SICK OF PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT THE
EXPLOSIONI marched down to the explosion area and stood on the biggest thing that I could find and said 
IT IS JUST AN EXPLOSION.  IT IS SO STUPID TO HAVE THIS ON EVERY CHANNEL. I DON’T CARE IF IT WAS THE ONLY EXPLOSION  IN 5 YEARS, JUST GET OVER IT” 
Then everyone said
“ yeah, why is this a big deal?”
Because it is the first bomb in years” said a man in the background.
Then he stepped forward.
“It is George Washington!” everyone yelled.
“Well well well look who we have here” I said.
I think that this is a big deal” said George Washington.
“Why is it a big deal?” I said
“Because.. ...well you know its a big deal”  said George Washington.
“See he has no proof so I say that we take all of this off the news. Who’s with me?” I yelled



The Next Day
I looked at the news and there was nothing about the explosion. “Finally I can get back to watching my show”.

“The end” said George Washington.
“Hey get out of my house” I said

4 comments:

  1. A very insightful piece of writing, Hayley. The media do tend to make things into a very big deal and go on and on about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora!
    My name is Maddison I am a Year 8 and I go to Yaldhurst Model School.

    WOWZERS! :D
    What a creative interesting piece of writing you should be very proud of this amazing piece of work!

    I think that although this blog is wonderful we should always push ourselves to be better. Always remember to reread your work ( I struggle to do this aswell) :) I think that your blog post would shine even more than it already did if you turned it into a DLO ( Digital Learning Object ) or written something about it.

    AMAZING WORK HAYLEY!
    -Maddie, YMS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hayley,
    I am Albin from YMS.

    Your story was amazing. It had a really good intro and funny ending. That was also a really big story.

    To make it better you could create a dlo based on that. Maybe you could create a hospital in google drawing. It is just like illustrating your story. In your next your blogs you could add some questions to engage your reader.

    Kind regard,
    Albin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hayley
    Wow your writing is amazing.
    I really liked the end, it made me laugh.
    You should write another funny story, really you should.
    Keep up the great work

    Johanna(:

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.