Friday, January 17, 2020

Summer learning Journey week 4 / 17th

English now


I woke up and I didn’t have any breakfast until everyone
was up because I wanted to make Waffles.  It was warm
and there wasn’t much cloud around the place. The bad
thing about my day is that I had to do the dishes before I
made the waffles and after I made them!  I ate 2 Waffles
and there are lots left over for lunch or breakfast
tomorrow.

Shakespearean English


I did wake up and i didn’t has't any breakfast until ev'ryone
wast up because i did want to maketh waffles.  T wast
warmeth and th're wasn’t much cloud 'round the lodging.
The lacking valor thing about mine own day is yond i hadst
to doth the dishes bef're i madeth the waffles and aft'r i
madeth those folk!  i consumed 2 waffles and th're art lots
hath left ov'r f'r lunch 'r breakfast tom'rrow


I used Shakespearean Translation for this.

2 comments:

  1. thank you
    I did play around in this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Hayley,

    It’s Leisha here again. Wow, I can see you have been super busy over the weekend and got lots of SLJ activities completed! Ka pai!

    I really enjoyed reading about your morning in both English and Shakespearean. Did you enjoy this activity? Have you tried reading your shakespearean english morning out loud? I find it is quite tricky to actually read it out loud. Give it a go and let me know how you find it!

    Also, yum!! I love waffles. What toppings did you put on yours. My favourite is raspberry jam and cream! Delicious. It is making me very hungry thinking about it.

    I am looking forward to seeing more of your posts over this last week of the SLJ.

    Leisha
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.