Sunday, January 19, 2020

Summer learning Journey week 4 / 19th


I have done the 20 hour famine before.  It was a couple of
years ago. I gave up eating food so I could only drink and
eat hard boiled lollies.  I found it hard not to eat because
I was so used to eating and I wasn’t used to eating the hard
boiled lollies.  Just drinking was a little bit hard for me as
well. I thought maybe it was way more hard for the other
people that we are raising money for because they don’t
have much food everyday.  Last year in 2019 I couldn’t do
it because we were doing something. This year I might do
it again. I might still do the 20 hour because the 40 hour
might be a bit hard for me.

1 comment:


  1. Hello again Hayley,

    Leisha here. It is really awesome to hear you have done the 20 hour famine before. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

    I can imagine it is very hard to not eat when you are so used to eating. It does help us to understand the struggles that some children in the world face. Children that do not get the necessities to be healthy such as food and clean water. It is great that during your 20 hour famine, you recognised how hard it must be for the children you are raising money for.

    I am glad that you are keen to do the 20 hour famine this year again! Good luck if you do and I hope you raise lots of money. It is a great cause to raise money for. You should feel proud to be able to help in any way you can.

    Superb post Hayley! Ka pai.

    Until next time…

    Leisha
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.