Friday, December 18, 2020

SLJ Tuesday December 15th task 1

 

This is my rose butterfly. I used a red rose, red leaves, and 2 sticks. The rose is for the head. The red leaves  are the wings and the sticks are for the body and the legs. This is my made-up insect.  I thought it would be an interesting insect and I like the roses in our garden so that's why I used the rose for the head.
My rose butterfly is a cross between a butterfly and a stick insect.  It would be able to crawl 2m as well as flying.  My rose butterfly would be a nice insect and it wouldn't bite or sting.  It couldn't be a pet though because it dies if it is inside for too long.  It needs fresh air outside to live. 

3 comments:

  1. Tēnā koe Hayley, this is Elle from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful insect art! I really like that you’ve used a rose as the head and used darker red leaves for the wings - these colours make them stand out against the body!

    It is so cool that you used your creativity to make a hybrid insect - I think a butterfly and a stick insect are such a unique combination! I really like that you have included some facts about your imaginary insect, so that we can get to know it a little better. I especially like that you’ve added that it doesn’t bite or sting, does this mean it would be friendly? Or would it be skittish like a dragonfly, and hard to find?

    Ka pai and keep up the great work Hayley, well done for being so active in the Summer Learning Journey!

    Ngā mihi,
    Elle (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elle,
    My insect is a bit like a dragonfly and you can't catch them easily. My cats like to catch dragonfly's, so my insect better not fly around my cats!
    I like thinking about two things put together to make something new.
    Thanks for your comments.

    Hayley :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Hayley, it is so nice to hear back from you!

      That is a great point - cats are very good hunters so we would want to keep your insect safe! Stick insects are great at blending into the environment, so that would definitely help to keep your insect hidden.

      I think it’s so cool that you are so creative and enjoy combining two things to make something new. If I was to fuse two insects together, I think I could combine a cricket and a ladybug. It would be funny to see a ladybug with such long jumpy back legs, and a bright red cricket with black spots!

      You are most welcome and thank you for your reply - keep up the great blogging!

      Ngā mihi,
      Elle (SLJ)

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.