Monday, January 20, 2020

Summer learning Journey week 4 / 20th

I could not get the video to play so we have hopefully
watched the right one on Mums phone.
I loved this dance.  I loved how the music was suited to the
hip hop dance.  The men's costumes were really cool
because it blended in with the black background.  One of
the guys had pink hair and it looked really cool and matched
their costumes. All the dances were really in time with each
other and the music which looked great.  I don’t know if
they are not supposed to have a smile on some of the time
because when I dance I have to smile all the time for the
judges. I didn’t like it that they weren’t smiling too much. 
I loved how the choreography had some of the dancers
going one way and some going the other, it looked really
cool. They had really strong arms in their dance which is
important. My arms are a bit wonky so when I have strong
arms they are a bit double jointed and bend too far.
Everything else I loved about it.

2 comments:

  1. Ata mārie Hayley,

    I really enjoyed reading this post. It was awesome to hear that you loved watching this dance by The Royal Family. I agree, they had amazing costumes! I actually didn’t pick up that one of the guys had pink hair. It must have blended into the costumes so well, I didn’t notice!

    It is interesting that you picked up that they didn’t smile much. I know that you would have been told by your dance teacher that you have to smile all the time during performances (I remember my dance teacher telling me that too) but in this type of dance, they use a lot of different expressions on their face to kind of tell a story. I think this is why you probably didn’t notice them smiling much. Do you think you would ever like to try hip hop dance lessons?

    Thanks for sharing everything you loved about this video Hayley.

    Leisha
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.