Friday, January 22, 2021

SLJ Friday January 15 task 2

 

Here is my map! I was at all of these places yesterday! I think this is a great holiday for people to go on.

Akaroa has lots of wild life. They have: Sting rays, (I saw 4. 3 of them were together) Dolphins and Seals. I saw all of these animals! They have great cafes also great shops. I love there beach's. You can also go on a boat and look at dolphins and seals. Its very windy there.

Little Akaloa is a place were my Mum's relations, the Waghorns  had moved from London to Little Akaloa in 1850. Little Akaloa has a lot of farm's. Its got a church and cemetery where lots of our relations are buried.  

Okains bay. When I was little we went there with family and had a lot of fun. I was like 3 so I don't remember us going. Is very windy. We had heaps of fun boogie boarding.  The beach is awesome and sandy.



 

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Hayley,

    Fiona here from the SLJ team. I really enjoyed reading your blog post about Akaroa - ka pai! Your map is fantastic, showing the distance from Christchurch to Akaroa and the different local towns.

    As I was reading your post, I kept thinking about how I have heard of Akaroa...then I remembered that I have been there! A couple of years ago when I was on a cruise ship, one of the ports we stopped at was Akaroa. I remember it was a very wet day so I didn’t explore much but the town had so much amazing history.

    How interesting that your relations moved to Little Akaloa in the 1850’s from London! Do you know what made them move all the way across the sea to this part of New Zealand? I can imagine the population was very small at the time.

    Thank you for sharing another fantastic blog - again you have taught me so much!

    Mā te wā,
    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.